Yield: 24 Servings
1 cup (225 gr) Sugar
2 teaspoons Cornstarch
1 cup Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla; cook till thick and clear (probably >20 minutes).
1 cup (110 gr) All-purpose flour
¾ cup rolled oats
200 gr (1 cup) Brown sugar; packed
115 gr (½ cup) safe margarine (e.g., vegan becel or lactose-free celeb); unsalted if possible
4 cups Rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces
- Crumb mixture: Mix flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Press half of this mixture into greased 9" pan. Add rhubard.
- Pour sauce over rhubarb. Top with other half crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool overnight and solidify (else they are more like a crunch or crumble and should be eaten in a bowl).