Prep time: 10 mins
cook time: 18-20 mins
Equipmentlarge bowl, food processor, parchment-lined cookie sheet, small saucepan
2 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 small ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 dates, finely minced
1/4 cup allergen-free chocolate chips (by Enjoy Life or Made Good)
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
6-9 cherries, pitted and sliced in half (we use frozen cherries for this)
Instructions1. preheat oven to 350F
2. in a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside
3. in a food processor: puree bananas. add remaining wet ingredients and dates and process on high for 30 seconds.
4. scoop wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine.
5. pack two tablespoons of dough into your hand at a time; form into a small mound with flat bottom and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. gently make a small thumb print indentation in each one (for the cherry later).
6. bake approx 18-20 mins
7. while baking, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small saucepan over very low heat.
8. remove macaroons from oven and allow to cool at least 5 mins before handling or they may fall apart.
9. once macaroons have fully cooled, place a half cherry in each thumb print and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
CreditRecipe adapted from a magazine, which was based on a recipe by Jenni Hulet of T
he Urban Poser.