Total Time: 40 mins
Yield: One 8-inch cake
"This is a simple yellow cake that is easy to make and very tasty. It can also be cut into slices and served with fruit."
Heat oven to 350F
Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl:
- 188 g (1.5 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 245 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp egg substitute + 2tbsp water + 1 tbsp salba and (optional) 1/8 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Remove from mixing stand.
Add 1 tablespoon vinegar, stir about seven times, and quickly pour into pan.
- Prepare cake pan: Line 8-inch round or square cake pan with parchment paper and grease bottom and sides of the pan. Then flour the pan. Can also use silicone cupcake molds.
- Bake around 30 minutes, until cake begins to pull away from sides and/or toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- Let sit for ten to fifteen minutes, invert, and cool on rack.