In case their site moves or goes down, here's the recipe, modified to suit our particular allergy needs:
* 375 g (2 cups) semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
* 90 g (just under 1/2 cup) safe margarine (e.g., Becel Vegan or Crystal from Costco)
* <60ml beverage="" cup="" nbsp="" p="" rice="">* 42 g (1/4 cup) icing sugar (less if using sweetened coconut or sweetened chocolate)
* 75 g (1/2 cup) fine flaked coconut
* cocoa to taste
* 25 g (1/4 cup) icing sugar
* 25 g (1/4 cup) fine flaked coconut
Melt the chocolate chips (Bosch induction setting 2; microwave or double-boiler) and stir in melted margarine. Remove from heat. Add the rice beverage, icing sugar, and coconut.
Mix until the chocolate begins to thicken. You may have to put the mixture in the freezer for a few minutes, or garage for an hour. Stir frequently while cooling. It will thicken suddenly when it reaches the right temperature.
While it cools, mix the confectioners sugar and coconut together on a pie plate, and line a cookie sheet or air-tight 1.2 L container with parchment paper.
Form small uniform balls by rolling the (initially hard, clay-like) chocolate mixture in your hands (Note: they melt in your hands and can become very messy - prep your supplies ahead of time or have someone to assist
Cover and refrigerate. Let them warm up before serving for a better texture and taste.60ml>